The Nigerian Immigration Service had launched its recruitment portal on Monday, January 16, 2023, according to the agency’s verified Twitter handle.
The recruitment is divided into three categories: superintendent cadre, inspectorate cadre, and assistant cadre.
According to a statement on the portal, “the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for full-time appointment to fill existing vacancies in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) in the following positions.”
Applicants must submit their applications online within two (2) weeks of the publication date.
The statement added that there would be a computer-based test for shortlisted candidates.
General Requirements for NIS Recruitment 2023/2024
- Applicant must be a Nigerian Citizen
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills
- Free from debt and no form of financial embarrassment
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Must pass drugs test
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/ Exemption letter
- Candidates with bad criminal records will not be accepted
- The candidate’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Interested candidates must have good communication skills
- Must possess a minimum of Five Credits in no more than two sittings in West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Credit in English is compulsory
- Interested applicants must be of good behavior and composure
- HND, B.Sc, NCE, or an OND certificate in any related field, and from a recognized University
- All candidates must have a valid means of identification such as a valid driver license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card
- Must be willing to work in a new environment
- Interested applicants must be physically, mentally fit
- Interested applicants must not be over 35 years
Method of Application
Applications should be done online. Candidates are expected to log on to the portal cdcfib.career and fill and submit the application form online.
Candidates are also advised to note that multiple applications will automatically be disqualified.