This is to inform all candidates seeking admission into Nigeria’s various universities, polytechnics, colleges, and other tertiary institutions that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal, which allows UTME and Direct Entry candidates to accept/reject their admission offers and track their admission status.
All admissions will be made online through the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS), according to JAMB policy. As a result, all candidates seeking admission into Nigerian universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, and other tertiary institutions for the 2021/2022 Academic Session are advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check their admission status and indicate acceptance or rejection.
Read Also; JAMB: Institutions are still awarding certificates to people who do not attend universities – Professor Ishaq Oloyede
The JAMB CAPS streamlines the admissions process, addresses the challenges associated with the manual approach, restores tertiary institutions’ admissions autonomy, focuses on candidates and empowers them with information on available programmes, expands admission opportunities, eliminates multiple admissions, and provides easily retrievable data for decision-making and research on the country’s education sector.
On their own portal or notice board, some institutions may not publish the list of candidates admitted into their various programmes. As a result, admission seekers are advised to check JAMB CAPS on a regular basis to keep track of their admission status.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you accept the admission, you will no longer be considered for admission to other institutions. If you decline the admission, on the other hand, you become accessible for admission consideration at other schools with open admission slots.
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/ to access the JAMB E-facility portal.
- Fill up the appropriate fields with your email address and password, and then log in.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
- Select your examination year, fill in the required column with your JAMB registration number, and then click the ‘Access my CAPS’ option.
- On the left panel, click ‘Admission Status.’
- To load your profile, locate and click the ‘Search’ option next to your JAMB Registration Number.
- Under ‘Admission Profile,’ you can now accept or reject your admission offer.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings